Sunday, March 20, 2011

Photo club | March

Two months a go I joined the Vanderbiljpark photo club.  We gather every third Friday evening of the month.  This is really inspiring and educational. Every month has a different month subject and you are allowed to enter a photo in this category. Then there is an open category where you can enter any photo you took.  This month's subject was "Movement" and here is the photo I entered :




I took this photo in June 2010 during your tour to Israel & Egypt.  This I took in Cairo one morning from our bus on the highway !   My dad suggested I should name this picture "Milk in motion".  Notice the bike driver's/milk man's helmet right above the front wheel of the motor cycle !!  A sight we will never see in South Africa.  If you look really close you will see that this Egyptian is wearing a dress on his bike!  This is what I absolutely LOVE about travel, all these strange and funny sights.. Just adores it..





A month ago my friend Charlene and I went to visit the Johannesburg zoo.  While I was taking pictures of the crocodiles eating lunch, this little girl tried to get my attention to take a photo of her, but I was so focused and caught up capturing the crocs that I didn't even notice her.. Charlene luckily saw what was happening and said that I should take a photo of the little girl. I only took this one photo and when I downloaded it on my computer I saw, but hey I really like this and I entered it at the photo club.  I got a certificate of merit.  Aren't these natural and "in the moment" photos just lovely ?  I named this photo - "Innocence"...





This male lion I took in the Kruger National Park during one of our visits.  (Click here to view live web cams in the Kruger National Park). We saw this male with a female lion right next to the road. Was awesome to see these animals  "face-to-face" in the wild and realise how fantastic God's creation is.  Notice the scars on this lion's face..




I was a little nervous to enter this picture.  I took this last year during one of our church weekends at Ebehaezer (on a farm close to Vryburg in the Northen cape). Never the less I got a gold certificate for this.  Glad I took the risk ! :-)

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!!!!!!! Ek's mal oor al jou fotos Liesl! Dis moeilik om a favourite te kies maar ek dink tog as ek moet kies sal dit Innocense wees! Stunning! Jy's klaarblyklik 'n natural! :)

    ReplyDelete